Wednesday 21 January 2015

Observational drawings of anatomy & technology - By Ahmed Bhutta

After heading out and completing my character profile sheet, I decided to observe and conduct research relevant to what I wanted my character to perhaps look like. I began looking at amputated fingers as one of my characters hand has an index finger chopped off. Below are the sketches I had done on hand studies.





My character also has a steel hand where his membrane suit that allows him to breathe, is charged from. I decided to do a study of my own hand and develop from that to a study of what look like a steel or plated hand. 


Before going on to do the drawing of the steel hand, I had looked at different kinds of ports and sockets in order to gain some understanding of the different types of charging ports and electrical systems. They are shown below.



I had also started looking at films that might inform the design of my character. I looked at Buffalo Soldiers 2001 and also looked at The matrix. I studied the character Morpheus and Neil as I felt my character has a personality trait of being a leader, and I feel Morpheus  and Neil also possess this trait. I did some studies on the port on Morpheus' head which allows him to enter the Matrix. I originally thought that the port I would want on my character's hand would be similar to that of Morpheus'. The studies are shown below.




No comments:

Post a Comment