Saturday 24 January 2015

Silhouette Sheets and Iterative Designs - By Ahmed Bhutta

I created my silhouettes and then added a bit of lighting and shading to those that I wanted to pursue and develop further in order to choose the look of my character. I later decided that I would only develop silhouette 5 as I felt it best fitted my description in the character profile sheet. Below is my silhouette sheet.




I then went on to further develop silhouette 5 and try and turn him into a character I can progress with in an iterative sheet. This is shown below.



Above, I tried to experiment and progress with painting techniques and with attire. As Tim is an accountant I wanted to keep it stylish and smart but also bring his past Army experience with Moroccan culture into the design. Thats where the green and red comes in and the army style khaki trousers introduces his Army past. Tim is a confident person and I ave tried to show this in my design with the camel trench coat.


Above, for my the iteration, I took away from the character in order to simplify him. I took away the briefcase too that he would be carrying on his back. I would still like to do another iteration before I have a solid design for my final character.

No comments:

Post a Comment